Progressive Web App
The fusion of Jamstack with PWA (Progressive Web App) can help even more in terms of scalability, low cost, and performance and with Jamstack this is possible.
If you take a look at mobile statistics there are 6.4 million smartphone users worldwide, the general population is 7.9 billion, which means over 80% has at least one. That's why PWA is a good choice to approach the comfort of the mobile app experience on a web page.
What is PWA?
PWAs are web applications developed using some specific technology and standard templates to take advantage of the features of the web and native applications. For example, web applications are easier to detect than native applications. Visiting the website is easier and faster than installing the app. You can also send a link to share your web app.
Why should websites use PWA?
- Thanks to the service provider's cache, loading time is reduced after the application is installed, saving valuable bandwidth and time. The PWA load is almost immediate (from the second visit).
- Ability to update changed content only when app updates are available. In contrast, local apps force users to re-download the entire app, even with small changes.
- A more integrated look with local platforms: app icons on the home screen or in the app launcher, auto-running apps in full-screen mode, and so on.
- Re-engage users with system alerts and push notifications, leading to more participants and better conversion rates.
The PWA approach is worth trying, so you can see for yourself if it works for your application.
What makes an app a PWA?
- Discoverable, so the contents can be found through search engines.
- Installable, so it can be available on the device's home screen or app launcher.
- Linkable, so you can share it by sending a URL.
- Network independent, so it works offline or with a poor network connection.
- Progressively enhanced, so it's still usable on a basic level on older browsers, but fully-functional on the latest ones.
- Re-engageable, so it's able to send notifications whenever there's new content available.
- Responsively designed, so it's usable on any device with a screen and a browser—mobile phones, tablets, laptops, TVs, refrigerators, etc.
- Secure, so the connections between the user, the app, and your server are secured against any third parties trying to get access to sensitive data.
The aim to strengthen the online experience and inclusion and all of the benefits mentioned above certainly have the potential for most businesses and here is Desarol we have experience building this kind of apps you can contact us here.